First time buyer program for the City of Hayward Ca.is below. Links to other first time buyer programs include the city of San Leandro, Alameda, Oakland, FHA & HUD & VA & Cal Vet loan programs Here, credit reporting agencies. Search California Bay Area homes for sale.
How Does the Hayward First-time Homebuyer Assistance Program Work?
The City of Hayward is committed to increasing the number of residents who own their homes. The city recognizes that there are many families who want to own a home and can qualify for a mortgage and afford the monthly payments, but are unable to save enough for a down payment. The First-Time Homebuyer Program (FHP) helps eligible families purchase a home in the City of Hayward.
The First-Time Homebuyer Program is designed to work with a number of different mortgage programs. The FHP provides down payment and closing cost assistance.
Am I eligible for the Program?
It is designed to help first-time homebuyers who, without city assistance would not be able to own a home.
First-Time Homebuyer Program
INCOME AMD FAMILY SIZE 1 3 4 4 5 6
What kind of home can I purchase?
You may purchase any new or existing home, single-family detached, town home townhome (no manufactured housing units, duplexes or mobile homes).
The home must be located within the municipal boundaries of the City of Hayward (i.e., homes within the unincorporated areas do not qualify for assistance).
The City cannot provide assistance to purchase properties with health and safety deficiencies or structural problems.
Can my family really afford to own a home?
Buying a home is the largest purchase most families will ever make. Plan on attending one of the City's free Homebuyer Workshops. The Workshop takes you through the home buying homebuying process step-by-step. Topics include deciding whether homeownership is right for you, shopping for a home that meets your needs, obtaining a home mortgage, closing the sale, and even maintaining your new home. You will know more home buying homebuying and will be able to negotiate the purchase and financing of the home you want. You will understand the terms of your mortgage and be confident that you can afford homeownership.
What are the terms of the FHP loan?
The FHP assistance is a 30-year loan. Full amortization starts on year six with a 3.5% interest rate. No principal and interest accrue during the first five years. The loan is secured by a second deed of trust. City will subordinate its loan to a new first mortgage, if borrower is not taking money out when refinancing. The City of Hayward is an Equal Opportunity Lender.
You must down payment a downpayment of at least 3% of the purchase price, plus funds for recurring closing costs unless used in conjunction with a CalHFA or FHA loan.
Do I need to qualify for a mortgage?
Yes. In order to receive assistance, you must qualify for a home mortgage. Any of the participating lenders listed in this brochure can determine if you qualify for a first mortgage and for the City's First-Time Homebuyer Assistance Program. You must use one of the lenders leanders.
How do I get started?
1. For general program inquiries or to reserve a place in a workshop, please contact Bay Area Homebuyer Agency/First Home, Inc. at:
email@example.com (888) 572 1222 x 110, or JoAnne DAgostino at (510) 583-4244
2. Find a Home Locate an eligible house or townhome within the incorporated areas of Hayward.
3. Sign a Contract Enter into a written contract with the seller to purchase the property.
5. Finalize your Mortgage See your lender to finalize your mortgage and FHP loan. The lender will submit an application to the city for approval. The city will verify your eligibility and that of the home to be purchased and approve the FHP loan.
6. Sign the Loan Papers Following application approval, you will sign the FHP loan documents and the first mortgage loan documents before the close of escrow.
7. Enjoy Your New Home! The city will deposit the down payment and/or closing assistance funds in the escrow account for your mortgage. When escrow closes, you are now able to move into your new home!
REVISED: Auguest 2010
Search for homes for sale at this link.
Check out other Government Loans at this link.
Contact Scott Harrison Professional Realtor to get started in finding your dream home
E-mail Scott Harrison Realtor 510-388-4536
Sometimes going to the source to get your Credit information is best. Good credit ratings are vital to getting the best interest rates.
P.O. box 2002Allen, P.O. Box 740241 P.O. Box 1000
Tx 75013-0036 Atlanta, Ga. 30374-0241 Chester. Pa 19022
(888) 397-3742 (800) 685-1111 (800) 888-4213